COVID-19 Pastoral and spiritual care for the sick
This page contains stories about care being provided through communities, including chaplaincies, as well as information from member faith bodies on pastoral and spiritual support for those who are in their last stages of life and those caring for them.
Great to see @DevonCC engage with #Faith groups + #Interfaith bodies like @IFNetUK to ensure appropriate care for the dying + treatment for those that have died as a result of this #Covid19UK pandemic. As Faith Minister I hope that all our councils are doing this. https://t.co/h9Xl0i7dYJ— Stephen Greenhalgh (@team_greenhalgh) April 25, 2020
A Matter of Life and Death - Executive Summary— The British Board of Scholars & Imams (BBSI) (@BBSIOnline) April 25, 2020
The Ethics of Resource Distribution, Intensive Care and Treatment Choices in the Light of the COVID-19 Pandemic | BBSIG-06 | 25 April 2020
Latest ethico-religious guidance from the BBSI https://t.co/PovVuvl2dK pic.twitter.com/PHf86AQsqx
- The Network of Buddhist Organisations have uploaded a link to the Buddhist Healthcare Chaplaincy COVID-19 guide https://www.nbo.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/COVID-19-A4-Buddhist-Healthcare-Chaplaincy-Guide-FINAL.pdf
- The Baptist Union have published advice for ministers on pastoral care for those who are sick and in self-isolation. https://www.baptist.org.uk/Articles/570443/Coronavirus_advice_for.aspx
- The Catholic Church Bishops' Conference have published guidance for engaging in ministry to the sick during the COVID-19 pandemic. https://www.cbcew.org.uk/home/our-work/health-social-care/coronavirus-guidelines/covid-19-and-the-ministry-to-the-sick-interim-guidance/
- Churches Together in England have posted information on pastoral care, as well as a link to advice for churches from the current President of the College of Health Care Chaplains. https://www.cte.org.uk/Articles/569779/Home/News/Latest_news/Coronavirus_funerals_weddings.aspx
- The General Assembly of Unitarian & Free Christian Churches are holding a series of online learning events to support ministry and spiritual communities during the Coronavirus pandemic. The workshops will cover death and grieving and supporting people spiritually. https://www.facebook.com/UnitariansUK/posts/2549796065235308?__tn__=-R
- The Baptist Union is inviting Baptist healthcare chaplains to share their experiences of chaplaincy during the COVID-19 pandemic. https://baptist.org.uk/Articles/577643/Healthcare_chaplaincy_in.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0wJ1Se014UptdNiy8OKvyaye0PUkI-qi95W5xg_C3Ldw3BrFdQV8EDgis https://baptist.org.uk/Articles/578002/Healthcare_chaplaincy_in.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2vy8QgAVTc3i6P5KRe9vaheZHM3h-f8pPVLfBuiXRFQBhh630wAaAf234
Last updated: 28/05/20
Note: IFN's pages on COVID-19 are being updated regularly. Listings may not be exhaustive or include all possible examples, and IFN makes no guarantee as to the accurary of information linked to.