COVID-19 - Recovery and phased return
A number of faith community bodies have published plans, guidelines and discussion papers encouraging members to develop plans for the phased return/resumption of services as lockdown eases, and for the wider post-COVID-19 recovery period.
For more examples and updates, follow the Inter Faith Network on Twitter or Facebook. If you do not have a Twitter or Facebook account, you can view our posts here: https://www.interfaith.org.uk/news/social-media
On 12 June, Government published guidance on the safe use of places of worship during the pandemic (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-places-of-worship-during-the-pandemic/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-places-of-worship-during-the-pandemic). The guidance also revises the date from which places of worship in England will be permitted to open for private prayer from Monday 15 June to Saturday 13 June. (The earlier announcement about 15 June is here https://www.gov.uk/government/news/places-of-worship-to-re-open-for-individual-prayer)
- The United Reformed Church has published Ready for the new “normal”: A discussion paper for a pandemic recovery and resumption plan. It includes points for consideration by local leaders and congregations to guide planning during the lockdown phase, and as restrictions ease but social distancing remains. It also includes points to consider for the longer term. It can be found at https://urc.org.uk/new-normal
- The Muslim Council of Britain has published Preparing for Phased Re-Opening: Initial Discussion Guidelines for Leaders of Mosques, Madrasas and Community Centres. This includes discusssion questions and planning suggestions for use by local leaders and communities when planning. It can be found at https://mcb.org.uk/press-releases/preparing-for-phased-reopening-discussion-guidelines-launched/
- MINAB have published advice for mosques following the Government's announcement to reopen places of worship for private prayer. http://minab.org.uk/minabs-advice-on-mosques-re-opening-for-private-prayer/
- The Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales has published guidance for re-opening churches for private prayer https://www.cbcew.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/06/Guidance-Reopening-Catholic-Churches-Indiv-Prayer-100620-1633.pdf
- The Methodist Church has updated its Coronavirus guidance page with guidelines for the re-opening of Church buildings. https://www.methodist.org.uk/for-churches/property/coronavirus-guidance-for-property/
- Churches Together in England have compiled reflections and guidance from churches on preparing for when Church buildings reopen. https://cte.org.uk/Articles/578334/Home/Coronavirus/Preparing_for_when.aspx
- Hindu Council (UK) has published guidance on safely resuming worship in temples for permitted activity. http://www.hinducounciluk.org/2020/06/09/key-principles-for-safely-reopening-places-of-worship-for-permitted-activity/
- Network of Sikh Organisations has published advice on the re-opening of gurdwaras. http://nsouk.co.uk/covid-19-advice-for-reopening-gurdwaras/
Last updated: 12/06/20
Note: IFN's pages on COVID-19 are being updated regularly. Listings may not be exhaustive or include all possible examples, and IFN makes no guarantee as to the accurary of information linked to.